Necessities – Clean Up
My baby gear must have list for clean up, including bath time and laundry.
Please note, there are affiliate links in this post. Read my disclosure policy to learn more.
(1) Baby Bath Tub – you don’t need anything fancy, just make sure you get a tub that has an infant insert. We have the Fisher Price infant tub and have no complaints. I will also say we received good customer service from Fisher Price. The first tub we had, had a slow leak and they immediately sent us a brand new one:
(3)* Baby Bath Towels – I like the hooded towels. The Babies R Us brand towels have been great:
*will need (4) for twins
(1) Bottle Baby Soap/Shampoo – I have used Johnson & Johnson, Babyganics, and Aveeno. I like Aveeno the best, it cleans well and is very gentle on the skin. It takes a long time to get through a bottle, so it’s worth the extra cost:
(1) Bottle Baby Lotion – I also recommend Aveeno for baby lotion:
(1) Pair of Nail Clippers – I personally like the scissors over nail clippers. This is what I recommend for each type:
(1) Bottle of Baby Friendly Laundry Detergent – I have always used Dreft because I love the smell and it cleans well. You can also get any brand of free and gentle detergent, which can be useful if you don’t want to keep track of different detergents for the adults and older kids. Personally, I have had the best luck with Dreft and Tide Free & Gentle for cleaning the clothes as well as maintaining their quality:
(1) Spray Bottle of Laundry Stain Remover per Changing Area – This is an absolute must! OxiClean, Shout, Spray N Wash all work well. You do not need to purchase the baby friendly version for stain remover.