Creating a baby registry can be a lot of work, but the real deal begins when you want to share it with people. You don’t want to look greedy, but you need to share your list with your family and friends so they can get the things that will help you.
The good news is that there are multiple polite ways to share your wish list. Below I will tell you how to share your baby registry, including how to do it the right way on social media.
Please note, there are affiliate links in this post. Read my privacy & disclosure policy at the bottom of this page to learn more.
You should share your baby registry with everyone who will be buying gifts for your baby. And you should especially make sure those in your life who asked for your baby registry receive the link for it.
The types of people you will likely be sharing your baby registry with include family (parents, siblings, grandparents, in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc), close friends, and co-workers.
The best time to share your baby registry is at least 2-4 weeks before your baby shower event. Ideally, you will send out your baby registry information with your baby shower invitation.
In this case, that means this information would actually be available approximately 4-6 weeks before your baby shower. This will give baby shower guests enough time to buy gifts.
You don’t want to look demanding when sharing your baby registry. There are ways to politely announce it and the following ideas are some excellent ways to share your baby registry.
The most common, easy, and polite way to share your baby registry is to include an insert with the baby shower invitation. With an online baby shower invitation, you can simply add the baby registry link and add a message.
If you send baby shower invitation cards, you can attach a separate note announcing your baby registry.
If you prefer to create them yourself, here is an example of what to write in your note or message:
Email and text messages are the perfect way to share your baby registry with those who ask for it. Just write a quick message, insert the link to your baby registry, and send.
You won’t look demanding by doing this. The perfect time to share your baby registry information with these people is right after they ask or within 1-2 days afterwards.
Make sure to let the recipient know you are sending the email or text messagebecause they asked for it. Here’s an example:
Sending your baby registry information along with the baby shower invitation is the most common way to share a baby registry. However, sometimes people don’t plan a baby shower.
There are several possible reasons why someone may not plan an event and you can click below for the full low down.
Sharing your baby registry through a note or invitation is not the only way to get the word out. You can use social media for this purpose too.
You can share your baby registry on Facebook. Many online retailers, including Amazon, have a “share to Facebook” option.
You can share your baby registry through your profile to all your friends or you can choose to only share it with particular Facebook friends instead.
Another method for sharing your baby registry on Facebook would be creating a group, and adding the people who you’d like to share your baby registry with to it.
Instagram is a very most popular social media platform nowadays. Everyone loves Instagram stories. You can post your baby registry link as a story, and your loved ones will see it.
The more likes, shares, and comments your Facebook posts get, the more Facebook friends that will see your post in their feed. If you are looking to get a lot of love to your baby registry Facebook post, ask your close friends and family to like or comment on your post.
Many online retailers that allow you to create a baby registry also give you a link for your registry that can be shared. Let’s find out how to share baby registry links for the most popular baby registry stores.
Amazon is the most popular online retailer that allows you to create and share your baby registry. Here’s how to find and share your baby registry link on Amazon.
- Go to your baby registry settings.
- Under the section, “Who can see your registry?” choose the option “Shareable” or “Public.” If your registry is private, no one will see it even if you have shared the link.
- Next, look in the top navigation menu and click on “Share.”
- You will be brought to a page with a link to your baby registry and buttons for sharing on different social media sites.
- You can simply copy the link and paste it where you wish or use the buttons to share through email, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or What’s App.
Creating and sharing your baby registry on Target is so simple. To share follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Target account.
- Click “Registry” in the top menu to go to your registry page.
- Select the registry you want to share.
- Go to the top navigation menu and click “More”.
- Click on “share your registry”.
- You can copy the link that is provided there and paste it wherever you want.
- You can also customize the registry link as per your choice. For this purpose, click on “customize your link” and create your own link.
- The name you choose may be taken already. In this case, you need to edit the name or select one from the suggestions.
- After creating your customized link, copy and paste it as needed.
Here’s how to share your baby registry on Babylist.
- Click on Settings then “Visibility & Privacy”. Select if you want your registry to be public to everyone or only those who have the link.
- You will find the link to your registry on left menu near the top on a desktop computer. Copy and paste it.
- On the Babylist mobile app, tap on the menu in the upper left corner, tap registry, and then share registry. Or, tap the registry URL to copy it, and then you can paste it anywhere you want.
Babylist also allows you to order an insert card to attach with your baby shower invitation too.
Before we move on, be sure to grab your FREE printable Baby Registry & Pregnancy Checklists by filling in the form below. Learn which must haves to put on your baby registry and when to complete items in each trimester of your pregnancy.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As of August 2023 buybuyBABY stores have closed
buybuyBABY doesn’t have share buttons or customized URLs, but you can copy your registry link to email and share it with your friends.
Moreover, your friends and family can find your registry on buybuyBABY’s official website by searching by your full name or baby registry ID. You can post your registry ID and a link to the store’s “find a registry” on your social media.
One of the best and most common ways to share your baby registry is to add an insert to baby shower invitations. This note will state that your guests’ presence is so important to you, and you are sharing your baby registry link because people wanted to know how to access it.
You can also share your baby registry link via text, email, or social media. The goal is not to look demanding while letting people know what baby items are actually going to help you.
Finally before I sign off, since you are expecting you might also be interested in these pregnancy resources to reduce stress and stay organized.
- Pregnancy Spreadsheet – 11 tabs of pregnancy checklists and trackers, plus create a digital pregnancy diary. Stay organized and reduce pregnancy overwhelm.
- Third Trimester Checklists – every checklist you need in the third trimester of pregnancy to prepare for your baby, birth, and postpartum recovery. These printable checklists are the perfect compliment to these FREE baby registry and trimester checklists.
And for more baby registry help check out the following articles: